Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm a Genius!!



I'm back after a little lapse in blogging - I have returned. 

At the bottom of the blog you'll see a new feature - a game.  Well, hey, Thanksgiving is right around the corner (ugh!) and I LOVE games, sometimes the sillier the better.  So this game was perfect!  If you have a few moments and you want to do something mindless - here ya go - it's fun!  That's part of the reason I'm a genius - I figured out how to add this all on my own and I didn't have to go running to anyone (I'm looking at you Julie) to help me! WooHoo!

AND remember a couple weeks ago I ran those pictures of that really pretty kalidescope quilt that my friend had made.  I was bound that I was going to figure it out???  I'm a fricken' genius - I figured it out!!!!!  Without much direction and only a few hints from MaryAnn - I did it.  I had a piece of fabric that fit the qualifications - it had medium to large, bright print and I had enough fabric so that the pattern was repeated at least 4 times.  I barely had enough fabric - but this is my practice piece. I just wanted to see if I could do it and if so I have another piece of fabric I'd like to make a bed-sized quilt.

So here's what I came up with:


This is the fabric before I cut it. Of course it has cats in it - did I ever tell you that I LOVE cats? 

And then.....LOOKY!!!!!!!


These are two of the blocks.  I am soooooo excited.  I think they are very cool.  I have 16-5" squares.  I sewed the squares together yesterday. Today I am going to cut some of the coordinating fabrics and see what I can make from that - I think I will only have enough for a little lap quilt - but that's OK.  This was only an experiment anyway. I just wanted to see if I can do it.YAYAYAYAYAYA!!  This quilting technique is sooooooo addictive I want to do more and more.   Wednesday is Veteran's Day and a holiday for us government types, so MaryAnn and I are going to do our mystery quilts.  I will take lot of pictures - I can't wait to share our creations with you.

5 comments:

My Aimless Infatuation said...

And I can't wait to see them. I will be back later to try out your new game,right now I've got to run.

Julie D said...

Loves it!!!

stinkypaw said...

Always wanted to quilt, maybe I'll start one of these days... Thanks for joining "Santa Paws"!

My Aimless Infatuation said...

I(tried)played your game,it's official,I have gotten slooooow in my older days.

Lee said...

Thanks for delurking and commenting and for that...you have a new follower! ME!